Kanarys, Inc. is a technology company that provides the tools organizations need to create long-term systemic change around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) challenges. Our software provides the framework, benchmarking and data companies need to incorporate best-in-class DEI into every area of the organization. We are transforming DEI work with data.
Kanarys has been featured by several notable news outlets including Good Morning America, Entrepreneur, Inc., TechCrunch, Forbes, CNBC, WFAA, and more. Kanarys is also backed by Google, Morgan Stanley, Seyen Capital, Tech Square Ventures, Revolution’s Rise of Rest Seed Fund, Startfast Ventures, Rackhouse Ventures and others.
Kanarys is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team. As a critical team member, you will focus on delivering an exceptional quality product, with a curiosity that seeks to answer complex questions. This position encompasses all steps of the data cycle, from ETL to machine learning models, with data mining, cleaning, analysis, and visualization in between, to support the development of our new product offerings and help maintain and upgrade our existing offerings as well as support writing of research reports.
Here's what the role entails:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What we’re looking for:
- Education: BS+ in quantitative discipline - Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Industry experience in data science
- Ability to collect and clean data from disparate sources, possess an intense curiosity to scratch much deeper than the surface of a problem and find answers
- Experience working closely with a product development team to bring ideas to life
- Advanced competency and expertise in Python, with experience developing containerized Python applications including HTML and Java Script
- Self-starter, attention to detail and results-oriented, able to work under minimal guidance, continuous learner, and team player.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Google Cloud
- Experience with building dashboards and modeling in Looker with strong competency in LookML.
- Demonstrable experience working with predictive and statistical modeling, machine learning, and building complex datasets
- Database querying skills in SQL including cleaning and managing data.
How You’ll Work:
Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Kanarys. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance and unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options
- Remote-friendly / Hybrid work environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
We believe everyone belongs at Kanarys.
Kanarys is an equal-opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Kanarys prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Kanarys conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.